Monday, July 10, 2006

FINALLY the training starts!

After many weeks of THINKING about how I need to start training for the Disneyland Half, I finally started training! I finally ran out of excuses!

I met up with Phil, Claudia and Karen for a run in Alameda. The Summer team was out there so we decided to tag along... it's a run that we all like, flat, usually cool and lots of pretty houses and a view of the city to look at! Since the Summer team was having one of their clinics and we wanted to run before it really heated up, we started out on our own. We decided to do just 4 miles (why kill ourselves the first time out!) so we ran out to the bridge and back. The run started out fairly cool but soon after I commented on how nice it was, it started to warm up. By the time we got to the 2 mile mark and the water stop, I was definitely feeling the heat! The way back wasn't too bad though... until we ran into the mass of Summer team participants at the end. :P I think we all felt pretty good... Karen even whipped out 4 miles and came in not too far behind us! Woo hoo!

Now that the first day of training is behind me, I just need to keep it up!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Hooray!! You're finally blogging!! It's about time!! Welcome and great job on Saturday!