Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lazy Bum

Yep, that's me, a lazy bum :D I didn't run at all on Tuesday... it was too darn hot. And as my friend Phil says, we weren't being wimps, just exercising good judgment. Because really, how can it be healthy to run in this weather!? So what did I do instead on Tuesday night? Plopped my big butt on the couch, ate some Chubby Hubby ice cream and watched a marathon of Kathy Griffin, My Life on the D-List. Productive, huh?!

Last night was much cooler, I think the coolest day we're supposed to have for awhile, but no running. Instead I spent my evening listening to Mama Lisa teach all the Summer and Fall season mentors/captains how to be good mentors and cappies :D

And tonight, there will be no running again since a group of knitters I know through TNT (we dubbed ourselves the "Running Chicks with Sticks") and I will be attending the Stitch N' Pitch Giants game. We've all knitted black and orange beanies to wear to the game-- so if you're watching the game tonight, look for a group of ladies (and a couple guys) in the stands wearing orange and black knit hats! No matter what it should be a fun time... what's better than hanging out with friends, talking about the things we love (knitting and running) , watching a baseball game and eating some not-so-good-for-you food :D

After all the lazing around and crappy eating I've done this week, I'll have to make up for it this Saturday at our run!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

YAY for the lazy knitting runners :o) haa, haa. I am not doing much better either especially after our vacation although I think walking around the darn animal park for 5 hours counts as some working out and so does fighting the waves in the ocean :o)

We had YUMMY Dairy Queen Blizzards on Sunday :o)