Sunday, July 23, 2006

Just do the Damn Thing!

The plan for Saturday was for Karen, Claudia and I to run 7 miles at the Berkeley Marina at 7:30. We hoped that running a half hour early right next to the Bay would keep us a little cooler during this heat wave we've been having. Friday night we realized that while it may be cooler by the bay, there is NO SHADE anywhere on that trail. So much for that plan. Karen ended up running on her own and Claudia and I hit the shadier Iron Horse Trail behind our house at 7:00.
I have to admit that I was a little nervous about doing 7 miles. But surprisingly, I felt great! Other than the heat, the 7 miles was no problem! I'm so glad that we started running at 7:00 because by the time we turned around at Heather Farms, it was heating up and our shade was dwindling. I think it took me a full hour to cool down, even after a nice cool shower my face was beet red and I was sweating! The other nice thing about starting out so early? You get home early... early enough to take a shower and jump back into bed for a nap! :D

This weekend also brought some exciting news... my friend (and team honoree) Brenda is finally home from the hospital!!! She came home Friday and now gets to spend some well deserved and well needed time at home with her hubby, 2 sons and dogs, before she heads back for her next round of chemo.

1 comment:

Phil said...

great work putting in 7! how we going to squeeze in 8 this coming weekend?