Monday, July 17, 2006

Run to Eat

Since I was in the YC on Saturday, Phil, Karen and I got together on Sunday to run the Iron Horse Trail in Danville. We met up at 8:00 and started out on the trail with all the other die hard runners out there :D We decided to do about 5 miles since it felt like it was going to warm up pretty quickly. And boy we were right! Thank god that stretch of the trail is shady because if we had been any more in the sun, I think I would have burst just like a hot dog left too long on the grill! We actually did a little less than five miles, at least if the old TNT mileage markings in chalk on the trail were correct. That's fine, I was happy with my almost 5 miles and, even though it was so much hotter than Tuesday night, the run felt great, thanks in part to Phil's entertaining tales of the potties in China :D

A fews hours later, Phil, Karen and I followed the run up with a nice big lunch! We had our End of the Season party for the Spring Season at a park in Concord. It was great seeing everyone again and we spent the afternoon filling and tossing water balloons, stuffing our faces with watermelon, chicken, chips and dip, passing out the team awards and trying not to melt in the heat. Just as one season ends, another one is about to begin... our Fall Season starts in just two weeks and many of our Spring participants and mentors are returning as mentors!

2 comments:

Phil said...

most definitely...if you MUST go to China, don't crap (or at least wait for a 5-star hotel...no less). My words of wisdom for the day.

Anonymous said...

Ok, not such a good run for me but I did it :o) Thanks so much to Olivia and Phil for hanging around until I finished...a good half hour after them! You guys ROCK!

Karen