Monday, April 28, 2008

Chillin' with the doggies

This was a pretty low key weekend. Friday I met up with Claudia, Jeanette and Lindsay for dinner at Chow in Lafayette. As usual the food was yummy but we didn't have very good service :( I guess we came right during a shift change so with multiple people covering our table, we kind of fell through the cracks. I hate speaking up in those situations but thank god for Claudia :D She mentioned something to the manager and we ended up with a completely FREE dinner! Wow. We were just expecting that maybe they'd cover our desert, or drinks, not the WHOLE check!

Saturday I had intended on going to the Mentor Led Run at the Lafayette/Moraga trail since it's so close to my house. BUT, that didn't happen :( Instead I slept in a little bit, got up, packed stuff for my stay at Claudia and Rocky's and then after a trip to Sport's Basement I headed out to Oakland, my new home for the week! The doggies and I hung out, I unpacked a little and wrapped Phil's bday gift. Later that evening I met up with Lindsay on the BART train-- we were headed into the city for Phil's 30th bday party at Bucca di Beppo. We had SUCH a fun time and I ate WAY too much food! Phil and some of his posse went out after dinner but Linds was pooped, and so was I, so we headed back over to the East Bay.

Sunday I slept in just a little and then just spent the rest of the day hanging out. I did a little grocery shopping, rented a couple of movies and then chilled with the doggies. We were all lazy bums :D Claudia called last night and said that after 20 hours, 2 plane rides, and one bus trip, they had finally arrived in the Dominican. Now they have a week of resting and relaxing ahead of them!!

No comments: