Thursday, April 24, 2008

Frustrated

Sometimes I just hate Kaiser and all the hoops you have to jump through for something simple! At the beginning of the month, I realized that I need some more contacts. My contacts are only supposed to be used for 2 weeks, then thrown out and new pair put in. Since my 2 week contacts had been in for about a month (whoops) and I didn't have any more, I called in to Kaiser to order some more. Because it had been over 2 years since I'd been in last, they wouldn't order me any more contacts until I went it to see the eye doctor to have my vision checked. Next appointment? Three weeks away. Great.

So yesterday I went into the the eye doctor. I checked me eyes and gave me a new prescription. While I was there I told him that I didn't like the 2 week contacts since I could NEVER remember when it was time to throw them away. I tried all kinds of tricks and I just can't do it. He made me feel stupid, and then told me I'd have to get refitted for daily contacts which, of course, requires a NEW appointment with someone different! Next appointment? 3 weeks. Great.

And that appointment is just to be fit for new contacts (and new glasses since mine are pretty old)... that's not when I'll actually GET the new contacts. So by the time I actually throw them out, these poor 2 week contacts will be over 3 months old. Not good. Why can't it be like when I was younger-- I'd go into my eye doctor (who I LOVED), he'd check my eyes, order me some contacts, and give me a temporary pair until they arrived. Poopy on Kaiser! If I go blind(er) from wearing old dirty contacts, I'm blaming it on them!

No comments: