Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Woo hoo!!!


I got an email today letting me know that I have been accepted to the Nike Women's Half Marathon! This year they did things a little differently... because there have been so many people interested in running the race that the race tends to sell out very early, this year they decided to do a lottery. If you've registered for all 4 of the previous year's races, you are a "legacy" and automatically get in. Unfortunately, although I've RUN all 4 years, I didn't register under my own name all 4 years (shhh, don't tell on me!) and didn't qualify as a legacy. Poop. That meant that I had to enter the lottery and take my chances. I actually found out that I was accepted last week when I saw that my debit card was charged the $90 registration fee, but the emails weren't sent out until today. With my recent luck in lotteries (New York Marathon and Nike) I think I need to enter the real lottery! Maybe I can win some money to go along with my medals!

Last night's run with Pam went very well. I was actually a few minutes late because I was on the phone with a friend who was just diagnosed with cancer and who is about to start chemo tomorrow :( When Pam and I were heading off, I asked her if we could do the slightly longer route instead of our usual "short" one. It was just one of those days when I wanted to push myself a little more. And push ourselves we did. I think my Garmin was somehow not tracking our pace correctly because running up the long hill that's part of the longer route it said we were doing a sub 11:00 minute mile... but then going downhill along Sycamore Valley Road, it said we were doing a 12 plus minute mile. Hmmm, doesn't make sense. At the end of the run though we had done about 4.2 miles and our avg. pace was much faster than it usually is! I was out of breathe, but it felt really good.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yikes! I'll never be able to run with you guys again! :(

Jeanette said...

Yippee! We're going back to Nike, we're going back to Nike!