Monday, March 31, 2008

Bring back the pretty weather!

Someone is teasing us... last weekend the weather was so beautiful but lately it's been downright chilly! I don't like it :(

Friday was spent in the usual pre-long run way-- picking up supplies, printing out water stop directions and then plopping on the couch for an evening of tv. Over Easter my mom had lent me Miss Potter, a movie starring Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor about the life of Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit and other children's books. It was a very sweet movie, although with a very SAD part in the middle that I hadn't expected. :(

Saturday the team ran in Alameda at the Ferry Terminal. I didn't really know how far I was going to run until I started running with Sue, a participant that I knew from a previous season. She was only doing 8 miles and that sounded good to me. Training for a half marathon that is 2 full months away is a little weird... the climb into the higher mileages is a very slow one. I think the people training for the RNR Half were only supposed to do about 4-6 but with the Relay 3 weeks away, I figured I should do a little more. 8 turned out to be perfect... we slowed down the last couple of miles but I still felt very good at the end. Good but freezing... it was super windy out there!


Me, Co-Cappy Jeanette and Mentor Teri after the run


Saturday evening, after a nice shower and nap, I went to dinner and a movie with my friend Lael. We saw 21, which I was a little iffy about but which turned out to be very interesting. I noticed that when we were walking through Walnut Creek back to the car, the bars/clubs seemed to be super crowded with young folks... oh yeah, Spring Break is here! I'm glad we decided to be boring and just go to a movie... I don't think I could have hung with those young kids!

On Sunday it was nice to sleep in and take it easy... I hung out with Claudia and Rocky in the city. We we walked around, we ate, we drank, and even saw a Flamenco show at the Thirsty Bear! Other than the wind, it was a gorgeous day to be out and about!

Pictures from Emerald Nuts... I swear I'm actually running, even though it looks like I'm walking :(


No comments: