Monday, March 03, 2008

A weird deja vu :(

Friday night Claudia and I met up for some Vietnamese food in Lafayette. While we were on our way to the restaurant, Claudia told me that our friend Brandy had sent out an email telling us that her youngest son, 16 month old Andrew, was being admitted to Kaiser in Walnut Creek that night :( Andrew was having some pain in his leg so after a bunch of tests and x-rays to see what the problem was, they decided that chances are the pain was caused by an infection in his bone :( Poor guy was being admitted so they could administer some heavy duty antibiotics through an IV over the next week.

After Claudia and I finished dinner we headed over to the hospital to bring some food and visit with Brandy and Keith, Andrew's dad. Their daughter Emma was there and she entertained us all while poor Andrews was getting stuck with needles :( For those of you who don't know Brandy's story, her oldest son Cole passed away from cancer a few years ago when he was just short of his 2nd birthday. Being in the hospital with Andrew (even though the situation isn't nearly as serious), brought back some sad memories from the months and months they spent in the hospital with Cole. While Claudia and I were walking down the hall to Andrew's room, we were talking about how weird it was being there again... it's was not a good kind of deja vu :(

Saturday morning I headed off to Yuba City to spend the weekend with my parents and to help my dad celebrate his birthday. We had a fun time and of course I managed to get a bunch of laundry done :D We went out to lunch at Red Robin and then dragged my dad off to a little craft store in Marysville that has some nice yarn. Thanks to my mom, I now have some more yarn to add to my stash :D After that we went out to my grandparent's old house to pick some oranges. My grandparent's oranges are so yummy and juicy... WAY better than the flavorless ones they have at the grocery store. I love them so much I brought home three bags :D If anyone wants some oranges, I have so many I'm giving them away!! After a nice nap on the couch with the doggies and then a movie, we went to a Chinese place down the street for dinner. Then it was back home for another movie :D

Sunday morning my parents went off to church, letting me sleep in a little bit :D I spent the morning finishing up my laundry and watching some movies with the doggies. My parents didn't end up getting home until the afternoon, so all we had time for was a quick goodbye before I needed to pack up and leave. :( It was SUPER windy in Yuba City and I worried that the whole drive home would be the same but once I got to Vacaville, the wind had pretty much died down. Once I got back to WC I unpacked, made some cookies for Brandy and the family, picked up some water and trashy mags and then went over to the hospital to drop the goodies off. Brandy said that Andrew is doing much better and seems to be responding well to the antibiotics. They still need to keep him in the hospital though for at least the rest of the week :(

No comments: