Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Team bonding

Monday night I skipped my run with Pam so that I could go to a TNT social at Mentor Sarah's house in the beautiful Oakland hills. She and a couple of the other mentors had planned a little potluck night where we could socialize, eat some yummy food, do a taste test of various gels, and watch Runner's High starring our very own Coach Al! I saw the movie when it first came out at the SF film festival but many of the people at Sarah's hadn't seen it yet. It was really nice to see everyone in their normal people clothes, instead of all our running gear!

Last night I went out to the Buddy Run at Lake Merritt. With the time change, it was nice and bright the whole time we were running-- yea, no more headlamps (although I brought mine just in case)! I ended up running with Leslie, one of the participants. She's usually a little faster than I am so I either sped up, she slowed down, or we did a little of both. I was definitely pushing it the whole time and was exhausted by the time we finished 1 and a half loops, about 4.75 miles. And what a difference that sun makes... it was definitely warmer out than during our previous runs and we were both wishing that we had brought some water out there with us! A few people decided to go out for some burgers, but all I wanted to do was go home, take a shower, grab a quick bite and plop on the couch for American Idol!!

No comments: