Thursday, March 13, 2008

Warrior's Game

A few months ago Crazy B, a fellow TNTer and Cappy of the Diablo Valley Spring Team, sent an email out announcing that for his fundraiser he was selling tickets to a Warrior's game. I had decided not to go because honestly, the last time I went to a Warrior's game I was so uncomfortable in their seats-- they're NOT made for tall people with long legs :(... I think they have less leg/knee room than airplane seats. I didn't want to shell out money, even though it was for a good cause, to be uncomfortable for two hours.

All of that changed when Claudia busted her baby toe :( Claudia offered her ticket to me since traipsing around a huge arena was exactly what she should NOT be doing! I told her I'd go in her place so after work I did a couple of errands, went home to grab a bite to eat and then got on BART. I met Rocky at the entrance to the arena and we headed inside to meet up with Debbie, Claudia's friend, and all the other TNTers. It turned out that the seats up in the nose bleed section were much more comfortable so I was happy :D The game was a good one... the Warrior's were ahead pretty much the whole time, although at one point the Raptor's had scored enough to tie them, before the Warrior's took the lead again. One thing I don't get is that the cheerleaders went through FOUR outfit changes (one per quarter) and yet spent most of the time just sitting on the side of the court shaking their pom poms. I think they only got up to dance twice. What is the point in that?

I had a good time at the game... THANK YOU Claudia for the ticket... but by the time I got home it was after 11:00 :( Today I am sleepy. Pam told me last week when I canceled on her that she wasn't going to be able to run tonight so at least I can go home and have the night to just relax, and maybe even fit in a nap :D Ahhh, I love sleep!

1 comment:

Phil said...

hey! the Warriors Girls (cheerleaders) want to look good. I got no problems w/that. see u dark and early on Sunday!