Thursday, June 28, 2007

Art is pain...

... or at least it is when that art is a tattoo! Yesterday after work I went straight to the Diving Swallow tattoo parlor in Oakland to provide some emotional and hand holding support for Claudia :D She was getting an older tattoo that hasn't aged very well covered up with some pretty plumerias. When I got there, the tattoo artist Leslie had already applied the stencil and it was time for the actual tattooing to begin.

OUCHIE! After 2 hours of tattooing I was sweaty and my hands were numb from Claudia clenching them so tightly. But I'm sure it was nothing compared to what Claudia's back felt like! Just looking at her face you could tell how painful it was, mostly because of the location... right over the spine :( Rocky got there a little later (with some desperately needed sodas) and took over as hand holder while I watched Leslie work her magic. It's really amazing what people can create with a vibrating needle, some ink and a canvas of skin!

Finally at about 8:00 Claudia couldn't handle anymore... the rest of the tattoo will be finished during another appointment. I don't know how she made it as long as she did! All that sweating and hand clenching helped us work up an appetite so we went for some yummy Vietnamese food before heading home!

Tonight I'm running with Amy today... I'm seriously pooped from all the recent social activities, and I know Amy had a busy evening of visiting, eating and drinking last night, so I'm sure we'll be more turtle like than hare like at our run tonight!

No comments: