Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wrinkly knees

Last night I went for a run with Amy-- we switched our running days this week. I was going to be busy tonight, our usual running night, and Amy's usual weekly running partner was going to be gone so we decided that we'd just meet on Tues. and Thurs. instead of Wed.! Works perfectly for both of us!

We met up at our usual place at the usual time. We decided to run Amy's short, short route instead of the trail so we don't get too sick of running the same route everyone time. The short, short route took us through the streets of Danville and by some very cute homes. After a couple of miles we hooked into the Iron Horse Trail and headed back to the Lunardi's parking lot. It was really nice to take a different route but it was harder on the legs running on the street since the road isn't perfectly flat right next to the curb. I also don't think that the bottle of wine I had the night before helped at all. :( I definitely felt a little sluggish.

After we got back, 3.15 miles and 36 minutes later, we walked around a little to cool down. I looked down at my red, blotchy legs and noticed that my knees were totally wrinkly! Okay, I don't like my knees; they're a little on the chubby side. But last night they looked like the skin on a Shar-pei. Gross, gross, gross. Of course I couldn't stop obsessing about them. :( Amy thought that maybe it was because I was dehydrated from all the wine-- she suggested I drink some more fluids and apply my Hello Kitty ice pack to my poor wrinkled knees. :( So that's exactly what I did and I'm happy to report that my knees are back to their chubby normalness!


As I mentioned, tonight I will not be running. I'm taking the night off :D I will be holding Claudia's hand as someone pokes her in the back with an ink filled needle :D I'm going to go with her to Diving Swallow tattoo parlor as moral support while she gets her tattoo redone. I'm so excited to see the process and to see what the final result is... I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You crack me up. Your knees were certainly not as wrinkly as the little guy in the picture!