Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Quickie update

A lot has happened during the 5 months of my blogging sabbatical-- Here's a quickie update for you all! I running update for the week will come tomorrow!


I'll do the sad stuff first. Many of you knew Brenda personally, but many of you may only have know about her through my blog. Last time I wrote in January, Brenda had undergone a stem cell transplant and we were all very optimistic about her recovery. Unfortunately, 110 days after her transplant, she developed graft vs. host disease in her lungs. Despite numerous efforts on the part of her doctors to get rid of it, and after many months of bravely battling it, Brenda passed away on April 14, 2007. Brenda was an incredible person-- I've never seen someone who smiled so much, even when life wasn't treating her so well. She was an amazing inspiration to so many of us that knew her, and countless others who didn't, and she continues to inspire us to get out and do the damn thing! This is my favorite picture of her...

The other semi sad news was that my roomy and bff Claudia left me to move in with a BOY!! :( BUT, that leads me to the good news ... they got hitched :D They had a beautiful, private wedding ceremony in gorgeous Maui and are now very much the happily married couple! I couldn't be more excited for them! So I did lose a wonderful roomie, but in the process gained an equally wonderful BFF-in-law! :D Just look how cute they are...
Well, I think that covers the major things that have happened in the last few months... check back tomorrow to hear all about how the running is going (that is if I survive tonight's run in the 95+ degree heat!)!

1 comment:

Phil said...

you guys are crazy...it's freaking hot out there right now!