Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New York here I come!!


Woo hoo!! I just found out yesterday that I got into the New York Marathon! Yeah! Oh wait, that means I need to start training again... CRAP :( Is there such thing as a pinch runner for marathoners? If so, where could I find myself one of those? :D

After swearing off marathons for a year and a half, I was finally ready to tackle another one. A few of my friends had gotten into the New York marathon over the past few years and had rolled over until this year, so they'd all be able to run it together. I was all set to head out there and put my marathon cheering skills to good use when I figured "What the hell... I might as well see if I can get in too". It's not like I'm going to go back years from now, take my chances with the lottery and make the trek out there by my lonesome. So I entered the lottery and spent months fretting over it. I decided that even if I didn't get into NY, I needed to get my jiggly butt back in shape and train for a marathon. My 2nd choice was the Nike Full Marathon... hills, EEEKK!

LUCKILY, I got into the New York Marathon, as did good friends Jeanette and Raji! The girls seemed to have good luck, not so much the boys... Rocky and Phil didn't get in :( Sad Pandas :( They will be out there cheering for us though and it will be a wonderful treat to see their smiling faces (along with Karen) along the course!

So this means I've got to start running again. SIGH... I haven't run since the Arizona Rock N'Roll Half Marathon in January. I think my running shoes are filled with cobwebs at this point :( Our unofficial coach Claudia put together a training schedule for us all and darn it, I'm going to stick with it. I have a couple more weeks until that training calender starts so I'm going to spend that time getting back into running. Wish me good luck... I'll need it!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome back to running and blogging! I like the new design!

Claudia said...

WOOHOOO, GOOD LUCK!!! I am so happy that you'll get to run this race with us. It's gonna be a blast.

Anonymous said...

Yah!! Go Livi Go!

Katie said...

WOOHOOO!!! Go Oliver!

Anonymous said...

Congrats 'Livi!!! Let the training runs begin!

Phil said...

i was hoping you'd got back blogging again! congrats again and can't wait to cheer you through the finish line!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Go kick some NY booty :)