Monday, June 18, 2007

Where did the weekend go?

Wow, that seemed like SUCH a short weekend! Probably because it was a busy one...

Friday I went straight from work to Lindsay's parent's house in Orinda for her graduation party. A bunch of people from our TNT gang were there and it was really fun to be able to socialize at a non-TNT event! Just like I anticipated, there was lots alcohol and some very yummy food (like this pine nut covered wheel of brie.... YUUMMM). I was a pretty good girl and just had a beer and a little wine. After Lindsay's party a few of us headed over to our friend Bryan's, a TNT alum, to help him celebrate his 40th bday. We caught up with some more TNT peeps and enjoyed some of the best BBQ'd pork I've ever had! But man did it ever get chilly out there! When I had left the house that morning I contemplated grabbing a jacket but didn't, remembering how HOT it's been lately. Yeah, that was a mistake! Bryan's wife Jennifer provided us all with sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts. They're both tall people so I just want to know how I ended up wearing a shirt with sleeves that were two inches too short! Oh well, I was warm and happy with my margarita so I didn't mind :)

Saturday morning I went to go run at Heather Farms with the Diablo Valley team. Our Spring team was also having our last Mentor Led Run there for the people going out to Anchorage. The temperature was SO nice out there, at least for running! It was overcast, cool and breezy :D I decided to do about 4 miles and ended up running with Joseph, one of our Spring mentors. Despite the beer, wine, margaritas, brie, pork, cherries and HUGE slice of chocolate cake I had the night before, I felt pretty good out there... at least I did after the first couple of miles. My end time was 51.02 minutes for 3.98 miles. My actual running time was a little less than that-- I kept forgetting to stop my watch while we were waiting for lights and chit chatting at the water stop! Oops!

After the run and a shower, I headed up to my parent's house in Yuba City for the rest of the weekend. I did lots of laundry, watched movies with the folks, played with the dogs and just spent time relaxing. I got to hear all about the cruise my parents went on last week-- they had a good time and even brought me back some jewelry from Mexico :D While they were on this cruise, they booked their next one... through the Panama Canal!! I'm so jealous excited for them! Umm, maybe I could stowaway in their luggage. :D

I even ran into a couple of friends from high school, John and Karen, when we went out to lunch on Sunday. If turning 30 didn't already make me feel old, this did... they have a son who is going to be a freshman in high school next year! AHHH! Okay, so they had him when were in high school but still... that means I could technically be the parent of a high schooler.. oh lord, now THAT is a scary thought!

No comments: