Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Good Girl/Bad Girl

Last night I had planned to run on my own a little later in the evening when it was a little cooler. But yesterday my friend Amy emailed me to tell me that her dinner plans with a friend had fallen through so she could run with me. Yay... a running partner! We met up in Danville at 5:30. Even though it was a little earlier in the evening, the weather was very nice... a little cool with a nice breeze.

Amy and I headed out on the trail for a short 30 minute run. My legs were still super sore from that darn exercise video the night before and I could definitely feel it in my quads and thighs while we were running. After awhile the muscles loosened up a little but by the end of the run they were tight again. Amy and I really pushed it... we went out a little fast but slowed down on the way back. Our final time was 30.21 minutes for 2.7 miles ... not too bad for us!

After the run we ran into a TNT alum who had done NY the year before. He gave us some really good tips-- especially about what we should do while we're waiting around for hours for our wave to start. :( He said it's an amazing experience and the crowd support is awesome! I can't wait!!

After we spent about a half hour chit chatting, we headed over to Amy's house to eat the food she had bought for her dinner guest :) A running partner AND dinner... I'm so lucky! The dinner was super yummy-- I had a chicken breast, some corn and tomato salad and broccoli salad. What good girls we were. Ummm, that is, until we started drinking the wine! Bad, bad girls! I was just going to have a glass but Amy, sneaky lady that she is, kept refilling my glass! And who am I to tell her no!! Next thing I know, she says something about it being 10:45... WHAT?!! 10:45PM?!! I was still in my previously sweaty and I'm sure stinky running clothes! Time to go home, take a shower and put myself to bed!

Tonight Claudia, Amy and I are meeting again in Danville for our run... it's pretty cool out right now so I think it'll be nice. I'm just hoping my legs feel a little better tonight!

1 comment:

Amy said...

The next time it's a running night I'll have to lock up the wine after I pour one glass for each of us. I don't think that much wine is part of a good training diet! :)