Friday, February 22, 2008

Big Storm

There is a big storm brewing here in the Bay Area and I'm not looking forward to it :( I'm especially not looking forward to standing out in the rain and wind all morning tomorrow during the team's Coached Run. I guess the worse thing would be actually running in it, which I've decided not to do-- I want to go down to Stitches West (a convention for us knitting geeks) afterwards in Santa Clara and didn't want to backtrack to Walnut Creek to get ready before heading down there!

Last night I met up with Pam for a run. Before I started running with Pam and Amy during the week, they met up twice a week very regularly. Since I joined them (and then Amy got injured) Pam and I have only managed to meet up once a week at most. Either she had something going on, or I did, and we never could make it on both a Monday and Thursday. I am very proud of us that this week we actually did it!

For some reason I'm really sore this week and I was half (okay, more than half, maybe 90%) hoping that the torrential rains would start yesterday and we'd be forced to cancel. The weather didn't cooperate with my wishes and the rain held out until right after we finished... of course. Even though I was really sore, it actually felt good to go out there a run to loosen those muscles up. By the time we finished our run, I didn't feel as sore and was glad that we had been able to run. Those good feeling didn't last long... I think I'm even sorer today :( So, another plus to not running tomorrow is that I'll give my sore muscles another day to recover!

No comments: