Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Buddy Run

Last night I went out and met up with Sarah and Belinda's group for their Buddy Run at Lake Merritt. Sarah wasn't there since her dad was getting out of the hospital and she wanted to spend some time with her family. We're all keeping her dad, who is her personal honoree, in our thoughts and prayers! :(

Belinda and I led (or rather followed since they were all a little faster than we were) the 5 participants around the lake. The two girls I ran with last week weren't there so I ended up running part of the way with Belinda who, although still sick, it still a little faster than I am. :( I didn't want to slow her down too much, or fall behind, so I pushed myself to keep up with what she called a "comfortable" pace. Not so comfortable for me!

Last week we ran out and back, but when the time came to turn around last night we were about halfway around the lake and decided to just keep going. We finished 3.22 miles around the lake in about 36 minutes. Those girls kicked my butt and I was pooped! I felt like I got a good workout in though so I was happy!

A big THANK YOU (and hugs and kisses) goes out to my parents... they just sent me a donation and pushed me MUCH closer to my goal! I love you this much!

I'm not done fundraising yet though so if you'd like to donate, just click on the "Make a difference... donate now" link to on the left!

No comments: