Thursday, February 07, 2008

First run of February

How sad am I... despite all my good intentions, I've only run twice so far this year :( Well, that will all soon be changing! I didn't run with the team on Saturday so I was excited about joining one of the Buddy Runs on Tuesday night for a run! I decided to meet up with the Lake Merritt group so I headed out there around 5:15 so I'd have plenty of time to get there by 6:00. Traffic wasn't too bad, until I merged on to 580 for the last mile or so, so I made it there with a few minutes to spare.


There were about 8 of us there running, and two mentors who weren't feeling well and stayed at the start to cheer us on. I stuck with the back of the pack people and I think we ended up doing a little over 2 miles in about 30 minutes. I didn't push myself as much as I wanted to but it was more important to stick together with a group. I have never run out at Lake Merritt in the evenings and it was actually pretty nice... it's well lit thanks to all the lights strung around the lake, and there were quite a few people out there walking and running along with us.

Tonight I'm off to run with Pam (sans Amy who is still injured :-( )... she's hopefully all recovered from the Kaiser Half Marathon on Sunday so we should be able to get in a good run. And who knows... this time if she asks me to do the longer route, I may just say yes! Time to get back into the swing of things!

No comments: