Monday, February 25, 2008

Yarn Galore

This last weekend was all about the yarn :) Saturday after hanging out but not running at our Coached Run in San Leandro (which went very well and was rain free!!!), Jeanette, her sister Bennie and niece Amy and I drove down to the Santa Clara Convention Center for Stitches West, a yarn lover's paradise! And oh boy was there a lot of yarn there... and everything else yarn related. All the standards were there... cotton yarn, yummy soft alpaca, wool from all over, silk yarn, sock yarn, lace weight yarn, undied yarn, not-yet-spun yarn to be and on and on. And on. And then of course there were some things I've never seen... Yak yarn, Buffalo yarn (surprisingly soft AND expensive), pet hair yarn (GROSSS, but yes, soft) and many many knitted items that should never be worn in public.

After over 4 hours of browsing (and a little buying) we were pooped. Jeanette and I had been up since before 6:00 for the run, and then we all spent the entire afternoon walking around a large cement floored building. We could tell it was time to leave when we got more and more giggly, and yarn decisions took much longer than necessary... our blood sugar was running low! We hit the Macaroni Grill on the way back home for a much needed refueling-- it was so nice to just sit for awhile!

Sunday I couldn't wait to bust out one of my new projects (I was a good girl and just bought supplies for three new projects) but as I am in the middle of two current projects, I decided to work on one of those. For the rest of the day I was plopped on the couch watching all the Oscar hoopla and working on the bag that I'm going to be felting. It's a nice project to work on when you just want something mindless!

Before I go I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dad!!! I LOVE YOU!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Some great times in those shots. Where did you get the one in my office??

Dad

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photo tribute for your dad!! You should have seen his face while he was looking at the pictures: grinning from ear-to-ear and laughing out loud. :D Super job, my darlin'...Mom