Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Productive Weekend

I heart three day weekends... especially when it's so nice and sunny out :D This weekend was a very productive and yet very relaxing one. Saturday I met up with the team for a Mentor Led Run at Pt. Isabel. We had a suprisingly big crowd for a holiday weekend-- it was nice to see that so many people had showed up for our first non-coached run! The mileage was 2-5 miles and I ended up going about 4.5 miles. Even though it was cool out and we were running by the water, I was getting hot out there in the sun and pulled over about 2.25 miles out to take off my long sleeve shirt. All the speedy people were still in front of me and since I didn't want to be the last one in, I decided to just turn around then and head on back. :D I got a chance to meet some more of the participants, and ran with a few of them on the way back which made the return trip go by much faster!

After I got back from the run I did a little cleaning, took a shower and then headed out to Target to do a little shopping. I guess everyone had the same idea because it was PACKED in there! I spent the rest of the day lazing around the house, reading outside on our very warm balcony (warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt!).

Sunday I finished up my taxes, paid bills, did laundry... all that not-so-fun but necessary stuff. I also started a new knitting project... I wanted something that I didn't really have to think about so I'm knitting a bag that I'll felt when it's done. I don't really have to follow any pattern... just knit, knit, knit until it's done :D

Monday I picked up Lindsay and we went for a walk around the Lafayette Reservoir. It was family central over there... I have never seen so many strollers in one place... well, other than at the fountain at Broadway Plaza! After our roughly 2.5 mile walk, we rewarded ourselves with lunch at Chow. It was just warm enough to sit outside by the heat lamps so we could people watch. I had the yummiest Prawn Louie salad with grilled prawns, tomatoes, avocado and egg and also the yummiest Crab Cake :D The rest of the day I spent reading on the balcony again and just lounging around (oh my life is so hard :D).

At 6:30 I met up with Pam for our Monday night run. We did the short route and kept the pace easy. Despite the 2+ mile walk earlier, I felt really good. Today is another story... My legs are not happy with me after their dual workout yesterday!

A BIG shoutout to my latest fundraising contributers... David Johnson (my landlord) and Kathy and Rick Webster (Kathy was a fellow participant during my very first TNT season so long ago :D) THANK YOU!!!!

No comments: