Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Singing Running in the Rain

Last night I felt like a kid... running in the rain, jumping over puddles. Well one difference... when I was a kid I AIMED for the puddles instead of avoided them :D It had started to drizzle on my way to Oakland for the Buddy Run and I was hoping that the weather wouldn't get any worse. No such luck :( As soon as we started warming up and stretching, the rain began to fall in full force. We decided that since the weather was so icky, we'd all just do a quick 15 minutes out and 15 back. Other than getting soaked, it really wasn't too bad since my jacket kept me warm. Oh, and I can't forget all the puddles on the dirt part of the path. Once Belinda and I turned around we decided to run up on the sidewalk so we could avoid the worst of the puddles... I could just envision one of us trying to jump over a puddle, landing on a rock, twisting our ankle and falling into the lake... YUCK!

The only thing worse than running in the rain was driving home in it afterwards-- I was soaking wet and cold, and everyone was driving so slow. Grrr!

THANK YOU to former teamates Bryan and Jen Saulsbury for their recent contribution!!! When are we going to see you two back on the team, huh?!!

No comments: