Friday, May 02, 2008

13 days left...

... until my fundraising deadline!! I can't believe that the date for the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon is just around the corner! And that means my fundraising deadline is fast approaching too! I'm ALMOST at my goal amount, $2,000, but I'm not quite there! If you've been meaning to donate but haven't yet, there is still time! 13 days to be exact!! PLEASE help me reach my goal! I will be your best friend forever (well, maybe not forever but at least a day :D).

Training had been going pretty well. I kind of took an unplanned, extended break from training after the Relay but I'm back at it now! Amy and I went for a run last night and although it was a little warm, it felt nice to be back out there again. Since Pam couldn't join us we met a little earlier in Alamo, instead of Danville. When Claudia, Amy and I were training for the NY Marathon we ran here every week... but it was MUCH hotter then! We really took it easy... Amy's knee was still bothering her after her half marathon last week and we had a lot of catching up to do since we hadn't seen eachother for awhile. We ran a little, talked, and walked some when we felt like it :D

This weekend I have a 6 mile run in Fremont. After that it's a 10 miler the weekend after and then I pretty much taper until race day! It seems like it's still a long way off but it's really not. Before you know it it'll be time to pack up and head off to San Diego.

Remember... click HERE if you'd like to donate by credit card. Email me if you'd like me to send you a form so you can pay by check!

No comments: