Friday, May 16, 2008

"Hot, Sticky, Nasty Uncomfortable"

That's not just what I feel like, that's actually a quote from a weather forecaster about what the weather's like right now! Seriously, what is up with the extreme heat! Even for warm California, we're having some unseasonable super high temperatures. I read on SFGate today that "It was a full 11 degrees hotter in Oakland than it has ever been on any May 15 in the recorded history of planet Earth, the weather service said." That's just plain crazy!

Because of this crazy heat, I haven't really been doing much the past few days-- just trying to stay cool. Monday night before it started warming up I met with Pam and Amy in Danville for our regular Monday night run. When we started out Amy said that if we slowed down enough to match her pace for the beginning of the run, then once we got to Sycamore Valley we had her permission to take off :D Amy kept us running at a not-all-that-slow pace until Sycamore Valley and then she let Pam and I take off. Because she'd been going a little faster than normal for her, we actually kept pace with her until we reached the trail. At that point she took a walk break and told us to go ahead. That only lasted until the stop light when she caught up with us again :D It was a good run, and I was just happy that the heat hadn't hit yet!

Tuesday I spend the evening catching up on all the TV I had missed over the weekend and past few days. I LUV TiVo :D I watched Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Gossip Girl, Keeping up with the Kardashians (yes, I admit I like that show!) and The Hills!

Wednesday Claudia and I got together for a former roomie date :D Since she had been on vacation, we hadn't see each other in what seemed like FOREVER so we met up for some drinks and dinner. We went to this new wine bar in Walnut Creek called Artisan. They had really yummy sangria, and I also tried a "flight" of some white wines. Since we had only eaten a little bread and cheese, we decided to go to Pyramid for dinner. We sat outside on their back patio (And was it still super hot then? YEP!) and each had a salad and a beer while we listened to some live music. It was a fun evening :D

Last night Lindsay and I had planned to do a repeat of last Thursday and go for a 6 mile run together since Pam couldn't do our usual Thurs. run. I had told Linds at the beginning of the week that if it was too hot I didn't want to run, but I'd be okay walking. She called me a wimp, I agreed, but once she felt how hot it was yesterday, even in SF where she works, she had no qualms about calling off our workout :D Instead I make us a pasta salad and some chicken, we drank wine and watched 27 Dresses in my comfy air conditioned apartment! I MUCH better way of spending the evening in my opinion!!

No comments: