Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eat, Drink, Sleep, Repeat often

Saturday morning was our team's last real LONG run. This time it was the Bay Side's turn to host both the ST team and the East Bay Diablo Valley team. In Mill Valley the SF team was nice enough to schedule some gorgeous warm weather for us. We weren't so nice. We scheduled cold temperatures, lots of wind and even threw in some rain for good measure. That's how we roll in the East Bay. Huh.




Our crazy managers Tessa and Lindsay :)


I just realized it kinda looks like I have really saggy boobs in this pic... it's really just my arms folded under my sweatshirt. I swear :D

Ghetto talk aside, it was yucky out there :( Not the nicest way to start off a three day weekend, but for the most part it's ALWAYS been cold and overcast out in Berkeley on our long runs :( Great weather for running, not so much for standing around cheering. I was all bundled up, and even though I knew I was going to warm up, I couldn't bring myself to take off my sweatshirt, ear band and gloves. About a mile into my 6 mile run I WAS hot though and started peeling everything off. The run went well-- nice and short but just long enough to get the blood pumping. When I got back to the start I bundled up again and spent the rest of the morning eating all the potluck food and cheering in the other runners.



Finally warming up... the gloves and sweatshirt are off!




After the run I went home to shower and grab a quick nap before it was off to Brandy's for a BBQ. She had considered canceling the BBQ when she saw rain was in the forecast but I'm glad she didn't. It had warmed up just enough so that we could all sit outside, even though we all had long pants, sweaters and jackets on! If we got too chilly we could always just jump in the bouncy house for a mini, sweat inducing workout!

Sunday morning Rocky, Claudia and the dogs came to pick me up at 9:00am. They had invited me to go out to Granite Bay near Sac. to hang out at Rocky's brother's house with the Reyes clan. When we got there it was still a little chilly but around noon it started to warm up. It wasn't warm enough to go swimming in the pool, but it also wasn't warm enough to make us sweat out there in the sun, which was good. It was actually perfect sitting-outside-and-relaxing weather. We ate and drank ALL day, and I really mean ALL day-- from noon to midnight! We knew it was going to be a long day so we planned on spending the night in Granite Bay at their house. We woke up the next morning, had some breakfast, laid around reading the paper and magazines, and then headed back to the bay area (with a quick stop at L&L Hawaiian outside of Sac) :D I got home, took a nap and didn't do anything for the rest of the day!


Me and Patch chillin' in Granite Bay... look, he turns red just like me :D

All in all it was a really fun but busy weekend! Just the way a three day weekend should be!!

No comments: