Monday, May 05, 2008

Back in the WC

After a week of house/doggie sitting for Claudia and Rocky while they were on vacation, I'm back at home. (WELCOME BACK CLAUDIA AND ROCKY!!!) It's nice to be in my own bed again, but house sitting was almost like a mini vacation. Claudia and Rocky have a nicer TV than I do, nicer appliances and kitchen stuff, sodas in the fridge and free laundry. :D Oh, and two little furry babies that I miss :( It's so funny how pets have personalities just like we do... and Patch and Daisy are not lacking in the personality department. Every day they did something that would just crack me up :D

I didn't really do much over the weekend... Saturday I had a coached run in Fremont. That was the other benefit of being in Oakland-- my commute to the run was MUCH shorter than it would have been from WC! We had a pretty small group since a lot of the team was heading up to Humboldt County for the Avenue of the Giants Half Marathon! The marathoners were doing their 14-16 miler, and us half folks only had to do 4-6 miles. As happy as I was only doing 6 miles, I kind of felt sad that I wasn't doing the 14-16. There is nothing like that sense of accomplishment, and camaraderie with your fellow runners, after doing a long run like that. It made my 6 miles seem wimpy :(

After the run I went back to Oakland, took the dogs for a long walk, showered, ate and napped for 2 hours. Sunday I spent the morning getting the place ready for Claudia and Rocky... packing up, doing a little cleaning and laundry, and taking the doggies out for one last walk :( Then it was back to WC where I did some UNpacking and then took another nap. I have no idea why I napped so much over the weekend... it's not like I did anything tiring, although Sat. I was up at 5:30am and Sunday got up at 3:00am when Ms. Daisy was throwing up :(

No comments: