Monday, May 19, 2008

Big Baby

After my 10 year college reunion this last weekend, I came to the realization that while I might be able to party like I did in college, I can't recover like I did back then :( I'll update more on the reunion festivities later!

Saturday before I left for Santa Clara I went out to the Mentor Led Run in Alameda. We didn't start the run until 8:00, which was probably not the best idea considering how warm HOT it's been! BUT, Alameda is always a little cooler, especially out there along the water, so I figured we'd be fine. Especially me since I was only doing 6 miles. :D Once I started running though I knew it wasn't going to be a pretty run. It was hot from the get go, and the slight breeze didn't really much. I decided about a mile into the run that I was only going to do 4 miles instead of 6. I ran out to the bridge, and then started back. I took a couple of walk break (how sad is that) and stopped to talk for awhile to Mentor Tori who was "sweeping" the course on her bike. Have I mentioned what a baby I am running in the heat? I hung around the finish line for a little while and cheered people in, but I left before everyone was in so I could run a couple of errands, grab some food and then get ready for the reunion!


Sunday morning I drove back to WC and went straight to bed (after popping a couple of Aleve and 2 Pepto Bismol). A few hours later I dragged my poor hungover self out of bed, grabbed some food (ugg, not such a good idea) and then headed out to Pt. Isabel for Ms. Daisy's 1st bday party :D I was running a little late and missed the cake eating, but made it in time to join all the doggies and their parents for a long walk. When I left WC it was hot... not so at Pt. Isabel-- the wind was whipping around! The doggies and humans had a good time (except for a little doggie scuffle at the end of the walk) and Daisy looked very pretty in her party dress!







Fat boy Patch got a little lazy towards the end of the walk :D

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday, Daisy!!