Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Go A's!!

... oh wait, they lost :( Last night I went to the A's vs. Texas game. Karen was going to take a friend for her birthday but that didn't work out so she invited me :D Karen has a hookup so, although she bought tickets for the cheap seats, we got to sit right down front near the Texas bullpen! The game wasn't very crowded so it was really easy to get seats really close... in fact, we were in the second row! The only think I was nervous about was someone hitting a line drive foul ball down the first base line right into my face! There was a guy in front of me who had brought a mit so I was hoping if that happened, he'd catch the ball before it got to me! There were a couple of balls that came in near us but none that were too close. Pheeewww!

Her friend, who is on-field security, scored us some Bazooka bubble gum from the bullpen's stash and also gave me a ball! It was fun watching the bullpen guys horsing around out there... some of them did more playing around than anything else. I guess that's what happens when you may pitch only an inning or so every few games!

Tonight it's off to track... hopefully I won't end up as sore afterwards as I did last week!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I read that as "off to THE track" and I'm thinking first a baseball game, then betting at the track, what's she up to??

Work hard tonight and tell me all about it while I laugh that I took a day off! :)