Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lots of fun, but little running :(

Wow, I have lots to catch you all up on since I haven't blogged since last week! I've been a bad, bad girl and have not been running much in the past week... there's been too much going on and it's been way too hot :(

So last Tuesday I mentioned I was going to go home and do my exercise DVD... that didn't happen. Neither did getting up early on the 4th to go running. Claudia texted me that morning saying that she had gotten home really late the night before and did I mind running on my own instead of meeting at Lake Merritt! Not at all, I said, right before I rolled over and went back to bed, knowing I wasn't going to get up and run on my own! After I finally rolled out of bed, I headed over to Claudia's around noon to hang out for the rest of the day. We worked on some party favors, watched a little tennis and then at 2:00 headed over to the pool with Phil. Karen, Lindsay and Christina joined us there and we hung out at the pool the rest of the afternoon, drinking some yummy sangria and snacking on goodies! Around 5:00 we headed back to C&R's condo for BBQ and a movie :D

Thursday it was back to work :( No running that night either since I needed to finish up the scrapbook stuff I was bringing to the reception on Saturday. I got it all finished up so Friday night I just hung out... I went to get my toes done and then was treated to a wonderful massage from Christina! Ahhhh, so relaxing!

Saturday AM I got up really early to run, anticipating a hot day. I got dressed, headed out of my apartment to run on the trail and was met with cloudy skies and chilly weather... YEA!!! I ran 6.02 miles in 1:11 hours. I felt way better on the way back than I did starting out, thanks to the slight decline :D I did something funky to my hip and knee though and they've been bothering me since then. I ran in my new shoes so I'm hoping that it doesn't have anything to do with that :( Tonight I'm off to track with the Diablo Valley team so we'll see how things go...

Now on to the fun stuff :D Saturday after my run I got everything ready for Claudia and Rocky's wedding reception/party later that day. My parents were coming in the afternoon so I wanted to get everything all laid out and ready to go so I could hang out with them. Once they got there, we had a wonderful lunch at Chow in Lafayette and then did a little shopping. At 3:45 it was off to the community center at Civic Park to help set up and then the party started at 6:00.

It was such a fun party! All our TNT peeps were there with a bunch of other friends, co-workers, and family. Everyone looked so great in their Hawaiian clothes, the food was yummy, the wedding cupcakes were delicious, the hula dancers put on a great show and of course East Bay Mudd rocked the house! There is no way I could describe the whole evening so here are some pictures:















Sunday I met my parents for breakfast and they we spent the rest of the day shopping in Berkeley and Walnut Creek. We even went to the Apple store in WC to check out the new iPhone. I have to admit that I was really iffy about a phone that costs $500 but those things really are cool, especially the internet capabilities. But as cool and fun as they are to play with, I don't think I'll be shelling out that much money any time soon for what's just a fancy phone!

Now that the party is over, I'll be focusing more again on my training! At least our heat wave seems to be over so the weather is much nicer!

No comments: