Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just say NO.... to cotton candy

Last night's Stitch N'Pitch baseball game was fun, but not really because of the game, mostly because of the socializing! The Giants lost and Barry didn't hit any home runs, 'nuff said about that.

After work I met Amy on the BART train and on our route into the city we picked up some more of our group. We got to SF a few hours before the game so we could have dinner at this yummy place called Primo Patio. It's this tiny but really cute place that serves Caribbean food. I had the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sandwich.... yummmmmm.... and a drink called Buli Buli, which I love partly for the name and partly for how good it was. They combine beer, lime juice, sugar and ice into a pitcher... sounds a little odd but it's very good :D

After eating we headed over to the park. First stop, pick up our Stitch N'Pitch swag. Last year we got a cute tote, some fugly yarn, a few patterns and a pair of needles. This year we got another cute little tote, no yarn, some knitting needles (including a pair of size 1s that were way too long to be of any true use), some patterns and a cute little tape measure with the Stitch N'Pitch logo.

What I said about the game above pretty much sums it up... a lot of big swings but not many hits from Barry and lots of flashes going off every time he swung-- in fact, not many hits from ANYONE on the Giants (until after we left that is). I really didn't pay too much attention to the game, in fact I missed all of the runs scored by the other team! We were all chit chatting, talking about running, about knitting, and god knows what else.

A little aside... Cotton candy is a sport's event tradition for me, going back to King's games in high school with my dad. And if I'm not actually eating it, I'm spending the whole game tracking the cotton candy man around the stadium/arena. Usually they ignore my silent cries but not last night... even up in the nose bleed seats the cotton candy man seemed to always be there :( No fail, the ONE time I don't want cotton candy, we see the cotton candy man about 50 times.

When it looked like the Giants were destined for a loss, and Barry wasn't going to be hitting a home run, a bunch of us left. The earlier you leave, the more you avoid the mad chaos on Muni and BART. But of course once we left, the Giant's rallied back and scored 4 runs in the last inning to tie it and go into extra innings. I think they took it all the way to the 11th inning, but then ended up losing anyway :( Oh well, guess we didn't miss too much.

Tonight Amy and I are doing our usual run but not in our usual location. Because of the trail closure, we're going to meet in Alamo. Hopefully the beer, fries and jerk chicken I had last night don't come back to haunt me!

No comments: