Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I just don't get it...

... why is it that you can stuff yourself silly at night, and then wake up hungry? Why aren't you still stuffed the next day, or just not hungry at all?

Last night I met up with my coworker Ann, her friend Lara, and cousin Maureen for drinks at the Cantina in Walnut Creek. We met at 5:30 which for some is a little early for dinner so we started out just with drinks and the chips and salsa they have on the table. About 3 margaritas (for me) and 3 baskets of chips (for us all) later we left the Cantina. Lara had to head home but Maureen, Ann and I were hungry for some real food so we went to a Thai place a block or so over. Our eyes were definitely bigger than our stomachs because we ordered WAY too much food-- Spring rolls (fresh out of the fryer and piping hot), Pad Thai, Curry (mild) with veggies and a yummy mushroom and assorted veggie dish (plus a glass of wine, of course)! Wow... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

I don't think we even made a dent in all that food though... which means I have some yummy leftovers waiting for me in the fridge! Finally at a little after 10, my overstuffed belly and I were headed home. I had eaten WAY too much food... it was just so good! I figured it should probably hold me over for awhile but nope, this morning when I woke up I was starving and my belly was growling. I just don't get it :(

No comments: