Friday, August 03, 2007

Make running fun...

For some reason, I've started getting Runner's World in the mail. I got one issue last month, and then another one just yesterday. I have a love/hate relationship with Runner's World-- it's full of a lot of useful information, but after I look at it too long I feel like a lazy coach potato and that I'm not doing enough in my training. I spent part of the evening looking at the new issue: I learned about how potatos are good for carbo loading, what the wear pattern on the bottom of my running shoes means (mine tell me that I have a good shoe for my gait), and how it's important sometimes to forget about training, goal pace and negative splits and make running fun, like it used to be when we were kids (or like Phoebe from Friends sees it). Ummm, I didn't even think running was fun when I was a kid!

1 comment:

Amy said...

The way I run I am SO lucky there aren't any horses on the Iron Horse Trail!