Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kathy Griffin's Dog Training Tips

So last night I ended up working out at home instead of doing track. They were starting hill training today at a park way out off of Ygnacio Valley Blvd. in Concord. It was super hot yesterday (about 94 degrees when I drove by the bank at 4:30) and I really needed to do some laundry before I could pack for my trip to Portland on Friday. So I stayed in my nice cool apartment and did 40 minutes of my workout DVD while I did some laundry. I did 1 leg workout, 2 buns workouts and 1 ab workout. By the time I was done my legs were shaking and I was sweating despite the air conditioning.

Since I didn't have to go all the way out to Concord, I also had some time to catch up on some of my TiVo'd shows. I will freely admit that one of the shows I TiVo is Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List. I used to always be a little annoyed by Kathy-- I thought she was too abrasive and over the top. But then I happened to catch an episode during the first season her show was on and I've been a huge fan ever since. In this episode Kathy hires this kooky German lady to help her train her crazy dog Pom Pom. The dog trainer has some very interesting ideas about dog training, including one very crazy suggestion for how to keep the dogs from leaving Kathy's property and running up to the hill above the house. Last night, even though this season is over, my TiVo taped this episode and I was so excited to watch it again. I laughed so hard, I almost choked. Really. Below are a couple of clips of Kathy's attempt to train the dogs-- the first one is a little shorter and is better quality, the second clip is longer but not as good quality (I think someone just taped their TV screen while it was playing). Enjoy :D



No comments: