Thursday, August 09, 2007

Playing hooky

Yesterday I got an email from Amy asking if Claudia and I would rather get a pedicure than run. Ummm, you need to even ask me that? I had secretly been wishing that I would some how not have to run last night-- I think Amy was reading my mind. :D

Amy and I met at the nail place down the street from my place at 5:00 and Claudia met us a little later once she got off work. A half hour later our toes looked pretty and our legs were nice and smooth! Since Claudia's pedi started a little later than ours Amy and I hung out in the massaging pedi chairs after our toes were done. I was so nice to just sit there, getting our backs massaged, watching The Devil Wears Prada on the flat screen tv and just chatting.

After we were all done we went down the street to Stanford's for some drinks and dinner. The weather was so nice-- sunny but not too hot-- we sat outside on the patio. I got this yummy berry mojito. I so wanted two but when Amy turned down a second cocktail, I followed her good example. :D For dinner I had the Margherita pizza... yummm :D All in all, it was a very fun evening... THANKS LADIES!!

Since I didn't get my run in last night, I think I might head over to one of the Diablo Valley Buddy Runs. The key word there is "might"... I also "might" spend the evening watching tv and carbo loading for this Saturday's run :D We'll see!

No comments: