Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wednesday night run

Last night Claudia and I met at the Iron Horse Trail in Alamo-- Amy was off getting her hair done so it was just the two of us this week. When we met up in the parking lot, Claudia said she was hoping I'd call and cancel-- funny thing is I actually considered it! But, we were good girls and did the damn thing, even though we really didn't want to :( Claudia's just getting back into her training after taking a few weeks off due to her sore ankle/knee and it was super hot out so after we started running, we decided to do just 3 miles. We took it slow and finished in about 34 minutes. And then of course we stood around in the parking lot for about another half hour chit chatting. :D

I'm blogged about my blister problem a few weeks ago and I'm still dealing with it :( I tried out the moleskin and that seemed to work, at least for the short runs. On the long ones it moves around until it's not longer covering the area that needs the protection. So that's not going to work. Then Phil suggested New Skin, the stuff you can either spray or brush on to an area that acts as a waterproof liquid bandage. I've used it a couple time on short runs and it seems to work okay but I'm not sure of it's staying power for a long run. We'll see how well it prevents blisters on Saturday during the 13 miler. :(

1 comment:

Phil said...

I used new skin for 26.2 and it stayed intact. I swear by it! If you are still worried, just spray enough so you have three layers of skins...heh!